Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oktoberfest Results... belated.

Oktoberfest was an astounding success! Thanks to all who participated! We ended up with 31 brews from all over the world. Read on to see how my specially trained taste testers rated each of the beers regarding flavor, bouquet and finish!

Abita Fall Fest
Average: Flavor = 5.86 Bouquet = 4.86 Finish = 6.43
My score: Flavor = 3 Bouquet = 5 Finish = 5

Aucht Ochlenterla Rauchbier
Average: Flavor = 8.56 Bouquet = 9.13 Finish = 8.81
My score: Flavor = 9.5 Bouquet = 10 Finish = 9.5
There was one comment for this beer. "Tastes like smoke."

August Schell's Octoberfest
Average: Flavor = 6.18 Bouquet = 4.4 Finish = 5.9
My score: Flavor = 4 Bouquet = 6 Finish = 6

Ayinger Oktoberfest
Average: Flavor = 7 Bouquet = 6.64 Finish = 6.86
My score: Flavor = 7 Bouquet = 6.5 Finish = 4
There was one comment for this beer in each category. "Flavor :) Bouquet :) Finish :)"

Beck's Oktoberfest
Average: Flavor = 4.38 Bouquet = 5.25 Finish = 4.38
My score: Flavor = 4 Bouquet = 7 Finish = 4
There was one comment for the bouquet of this beer. "Skunk."

Bell's Oktoberfest
Average: Flavor = 5.38 Bouquet = 5.5 Finish = 5.63
My score: Flavor = 4 Bouquet =7 Finish = 6


MORE TO COME ASAP!!! Check back tomorrow for the remaining Oktoberfest tasting results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment